Sunday, October 24, 2010

south carolina


This past weekend I headed down to Greenville SC with 3 friends [Jen, Rachel, and Cory] to visit our wonderful friend Shannon, who moved away from KY over a year ago. 

I hate that Shan is not living in the same house as me anymore, but I love that she lives in such a fun and beautiful city to visit. We all left Thursday night and got to SC after 1 am. We are far too old for that. :)

The weekend was full of adventuring and exploring. My favorite was downtown Greenville. Always is. It is so pretty there. The weather was perfect. 



I got to take pictures of pretty things, but the best part was just hanging out, relaxing, and catching up with Shannon.




Here are all of us girls. The other 4 girls all went to high school together, I met them all our freshman year of college [bonus friend]. They are great. We celebrated Shannon's upcoming birthday as well as Rachel's tiny lime-sized baby growing in her belly.




There is a big brick outdoor pavilion by the river downtown, and we noticed it was set up for a wedding reception, so we took a peek in and maybe stole some pictures of how pretty it was, and just sat on the nearby lawn as the band started playing and the guests and wedding party arrived. 

Our night ended at a little Italian restaurant we all love, some frozen yogurt [where we saw some Biggest Loser contestants from this past season], and hanging out at Shannon's apartment. Perfect. 

Shannon, I hated driving away from you this morning! You & A need to come right back here to Lex asap! :) Thank you for letting your friends take over your apartment and for showing us around your beautiful city! I like you a lot. 
[for the rest of the weekend photos, click here]

No comments:

Post a Comment